When you suffer an injury while riding with a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft, obtaining compensation for your losses can be a complicated process.
GED Lawyers’ Naples rideshare accident lawyers are here to assist you with the claim process. We will provide a free initial consultation to help you determine whether you have a case. If you have a solid claim, we will explain your legal rights and help you establish a substantial claim with the right entities.
Our Attorneys Are Well-Versed in Florida Rideshare Laws
For more than 20 years, GED Lawyers has successfully represented injury victims in car accidents and other injury claims, including rideshare claims. We have in-depth knowledge of the complexities of Florida rideshare statutes and case law and can skillfully tailor your case to seek the best possible outcome.
Rather than trying to navigate the claims process on your own, allow our adept rideshare lawyers to assist. We will:
- Compile evidence to support your claim
- Establish the claim’s value
- Seek witness statements
- Obtain expert testimony
- Conduct negotiations
- File a lawsuit
Our rideshare attorneys are aware of the unique challenges you face when filing a claim as a rideshare accident victim. We will walk you through each step of the process and keep you apprised of your claim’s progress, so you can rest and focus on recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Naples, call (561) 995-1966
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Florida
Tens of thousands of people in the U.S. each year are involved in motor vehicle collisions, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Many of these collisions occur as a result of negligent behavior that could have been prevented. Common causes of car crashes in Florida include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Driving while tired
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Defective vehicle parts
- Poor road quality
- Road construction
- Inclement weather
No matter what the cause, you should not have to suffer for someone else’s negligence. Our rideshare attorneys are committed to pursuing justice against the at-fault parties, so you can claim the compensation you deserve.
Naples Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Establishing Fault in a Rideshare Accident Is Complicated
Although the driver of the rideshare vehicle may be the primary at-fault party, rideshare cases are rarely so cut and dried. Different rules and insurance regulations apply, depending on the circumstances of the accident. In addition to the rideshare driver, others who could be liable in your rideshare claim include:
- The rideshare company
- The driver of the other vehicle
- The car manufacturer
- A distracting passenger
- The entity responsible for maintaining the roads
- The entity responsible for vehicle component defects
- The entity responsible for vehicle maintenance
- The owner of the other vehicle, especially if it was a commercial vehicle
Proving fault in a rideshare case can take significant time and resources. An attorney familiar with Florida rideshare accidents can help you obtain the necessary evidence to prove your claim.
Florida Rideshare Insurance Requirements
The state of Florida requires all drivers to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, according to Florida Statutes § 627.7407. PIP insurance is designed to provide health care coverage for the driver and passenger in the event of an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
For rideshare companies, also known as transportation network companies (TNCs), Florida Statutes § 627.748 establishes specific rules and different coverage requirements. If the driver of a rideshare vehicle is using the TNC app at the time of the accident, you may be able to file a claim with the company’s rideshare insurance. However, you should also reach out to your own PIP carrier and obtain the driver’s personal PIP information as well.
The Naples rideshare accident lawyers at GED Lawyers can examine your claim and help you decide who is at fault and where to file your claim.
A Naples Rideshare Attorney Can Also Help You File a Lawsuit
Although insurance coverage is required by Florida law, many drivers are uninsured, which can severely hamper your ability to claim your total losses. In addition, the coverage required by Florida law does not always cover the full amount for the damages you sustained in an accident.
GED Lawyers has extensive experience handling cases in Florida involving uninsured or underinsured motorists. We will leverage our decades of trial experience to pursue justice on your behalf, no matter how complex the case. You should not have to bear the financial burden of your injuries because a driver does not have sufficient coverage.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Pursue Maximum Compensation for Your Rideshare Accident
The attorneys at GED Lawyers seek compensation for the full value of your losses. While no outcome is guaranteed, we will do everything we can to pursue the maximum settlement, including taking your case to court.
Evidence we may use to support your claim or lawsuit includes:
- Medical records and doctor’s testimony
- Videos, photographs, and audio recordings of the accident, if available
- Witness statements
- Expert accident reconstruction
- Rideshare company policy
- Communication between the driver and rideshare company
With this evidence, we can establish the accident timeline and determine fault in order to build a more successful claim. We will also use this evidence to enumerate your economic and non-economic damages, including lost income, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Things You Can Do After a Florida Rideshare Accident
If you are injured in a rideshare accident, your first concern is your health and safety. Make sure that everyone is out of the line of traffic. Once you are out of harm’s way, call 911 to seek emergency assistance. Then, take the following steps:
- Obtain medical attention either from the paramedics or at the emergency room and be sure to maintain your medical records. These can be used to support your claim.
- Try to take photos and get witness contact information if you are still at the accident site. If you are unable to, don’t worry! Your attorney can help you obtain witness statements, footage, and photos of the accident.
- File an accident report with the rideshare company and obtain a copy of the police report. Avoid making any statements about the cause of the accident. Stick to the facts.
- Follow the advice of your doctor or therapist to the letter. Any deviation from your treatment plan can be used against you. In addition, do not discuss the accident with the other driver, bystanders, your friends, or social media.
- Speak with a Florida rideshare attorney. Insurance companies are notorious for producing lowball offers immediately after an accident. Protect your legal right to compensation by consulting with your lawyer before taking any offers.
Get a Free Consultation from GED Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one have suffered injury in a Naples, FL rideshare accident, even if the accident seems minor, reach out to an attorney at GED Lawyers to discuss your legal right to compensation. Injuries from car accidents can take days or weeks to manifest, and you could end up paying out of pocket for these expenses. A free consultation with GED Lawyers will help to ensure that you understand your legal rights, so you can decide how to move forward.
Contact us today for a no-cost case evaluation and see how we can help with your rideshare accident claim.