Are you struggling with your Florida fire damage claim? We accept inquiries from homeowners and businesses dealing with unfair denials or complicated claims. Our team has decades of legal experience – a Florida property damage lawyer from GED Lawyers can pursue the compensation you are owed through the insurer.
How Our Team Assist With Fire Damage Claims in Florida
Homeowners’ insurance claims are often tricky, usually involving complicated insurance contracts. A claim denial can worsen matters, particularly if you’re unsure of what to do next.
At GED Lawyers, we’re here for those who need assistance with their fire damage claims. We proudly provide these services to our clients, whether they are home or business owners:
- Submit your claim on your behalf
- Dispute a claim denial
- Contact insurers
- Document the damage your property sustained
- Support your claim with photo evidence
- Negotiate for compensation that is appropriate for your losses
- Interpret your insurance policy coverage
- Hold insurance companies to their policy agreements
- Assess your options for appropriate financial recovery
Whether you’re unsure of how to file a fire damage claim or are preparing to fight against an unfair denial, we have your back. Our team’s Florida fire damage claims lawyer can fight for your rights. While you work on finding temporary housing, securing a contractor, or supporting your family, we’ll get to work on the legal side of things.
We Strive to Provide Compassionate Support
Handling your claim is only one piece of the puzzle at GED Lawyers. We want you to feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the legal process. We can answer your tough questions, help you decide what to do next, and keep you updated on the status of your claim.
Our clients aren’t case numbers. They’re individuals with specific needs. We won’t treat you like an anonymous paycheck – we’ll treat you like family.
Can I Afford a Lawyer?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the U.S. spends billions of dollars on repairing fire damage each year. This makes sense – while a minor fix may not exceed a few thousand dollars, repairing an entire room or replacing a roof can become enormously expensive, fast. We understand that you might be in a financial pinch, mainly if your insurer isn’t cooperating.
For this reason, we operate on a contingency-fee basis. This means:
- You pay us nothing upfront
- We don’t get paid until you win
- Hiring a Florida fire damage claims lawyer from our firm is risk-free
For a free legal consultation with a fire damage claims lawyer serving Florida, call (561) 995-1966
What Do Fire Damage Claims Cover?
The coverage you receive depends on the type of homeowner’s or business insurance you carry. Generally, though, you can anticipate coverage for these losses:
- Damage caused to your home or property by fire
- Expenses associated with temporary relocation, like a hotel or rental fees
- Replacement costs for damaged or lost personal belongings
These are just a few basic examples. If you’re a business owner, you may qualify for additional compensation, like lost income, while your business is closed for repairs.
If you’re confused about the coverage your policy provides, our team can undergo a thorough review. In a fire damage claim, knowledge is power. The better you understand the policy you carry, the harder it is for insurers to skimp on coverage unfairly.
Common Fire Damage Claims Challenges
During our tenure as fire damage claims lawyers, our team has seen the techniques insurers rely on to challenge claims. They include the following:
- Putting up a fight during settlement negotiations
- Arguing that your incident doesn’t warrant an insurance settlement
- Unfairly denying a claim
- Delaying your claim
We can back you up in tricky situations. Bad-faith insurance practices don’t phase us. Hiring a lawyer from our firm indicates to insurers that you won’t tolerate unfair treatment.
Florida Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Your Rights as a Fire Damage Claimant
You have several rights as a property owner and resident of Florida, including:
- The right to a timely insurance claim without delays
- The right to a fair claims process
- The right to mediation in the case of a disputed claim
If an insurer doesn’t adhere to the Florida Department of Financial Services “Homeowner’s Bill of Rights,” they engage in bad-faith insurance practices. Florida law permits homeowners to pursue legal action against insurers who deal with fire damage claims in bad faith.
While less common than a simple disputed claim, our team is here to represent you if your insurer is operating in bad faith. We can discuss your options and file a lawsuit if your case warrants it.
Click to contact our Fire Damage today
Causes of Fire Damage
The NFPA reports that property and house fires are usually caused by:
- Cooking: Between 2015 and 2019, cooking accidents were the leading cause of house fires. Cooking accidents also contribute to many fire-related deaths every year.
- Heating equipment: Heating devices, like space heaters, are another leading cause of house fires. Fires caused by heaters usually occur during the winter months.
- Electronic devices and wiring: Electrical fires can be caused by wiring, outlets, and lighting fixtures.
- Smoking: Smoking indoors presents a severe fire hazard. According to the NFPA, smoking fires typically start on enclosed porches and bedrooms.
- Candle fires: Unattended candles can lead to fire damage, mainly if they’re left near combustible material, like paper or kindling. These fires are similar to heating equipment fires, occurring more frequently around the holidays.
What Should I Do After a Fire?
Once the fire that struck your home or business is dealt with, you need to begin thinking about your next steps. Here are a few tips to make this process easier:
- Thoroughly document fire damage: Before submitting an insurance claim, thoroughly document the damage to your home or property. You can use your cellphone to take pictures and videos of relevant fire damage. The more evidence you have of this damage, the better. Our team can document your home or business damage if you feel overwhelmed.
- Keep track of your expenses: Contractors, hotel stays, and other expenses associated with fire damage may be covered by your insurance. To ensure that you receive fair compensation, keep track of your costs.
- Consider legal assistance: If you’re struggling with your claim, or worry that your insurer isn’t providing enough coverage, consider speaking with a lawyer. Many firms, ours included, provided free case reviews. You can use this initial meeting to determine if a firm would be a good fit and glean important information about the way they handle cases.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Florida Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Today
Contact our offices today if you’re ready to get started on your fire damage claim. We can provide you with clarity and peace of mind. You don’t need to stand up to the insurance companies alone – we’ve got your back.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form