SUVs are extremely popular in Florida, but they can cause some of the worst crashes on the roads.
Sports utility vehicles (SUVs) are popular among people of all ages in Florida. Young people like that the looks of these vehicles range from sleek to rugged, while older people appreciate that they are easier to enter and exit. Of course, SUVs are also very good for families due to the amount of space they provide. However, SUVs are involved in some of the worst crashes on the road due to the fact that they are so much larger than other vehicles, causing victims to sustain serious injuries. An SUV accident lawyer in Florida can help injured individuals claim the compensation they need to help with their injuries.
Causes of SUV Accidents in Florida
Any time a driver engages in negligent behavior while behind the wheel, there is a risk that they could cause a crash. Some of the most common causes of SUVs accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Talking or texting on the phone, eating, drinking, and grooming are just a few forms of distractions faced while on the road. SUV drivers that take their eyes, hands, or mind off the road for just a few seconds pose a great risk to other drivers.
- Drunk driving:Drunk driving is always dangerous, but the risk is increased exponentially when an impaired driver is in control of a large vehicle such as an SUV.
- Drowsy driving: Driving while fatigued has been said to be as dangerous as drunk driving. When a driver is drowsy, they cannot focus on the road properly, are generally unsafe, and may lose control of their vehicle.
- Reckless driving: Just like other drivers, SUV drivers may become impatient with bicyclists, pedestrians, and other motorists on the road and engage in reckless driving.
When SUV drivers engage in any of these behaviors, it is important to hold them accountable for the damages they cause.
Compensation for SUV Accidents
An SUV accident can leave victims with injuries that are costly to treat and that have an impact on every part of their lives. The types of compensation available after an SUV crash include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income, including vacation pay, bonuses, and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
When an SUV driver has acted with gross negligence or extreme carelessness, accident victims are also sometimes awarded punitive damages. Unlike the types of compensation above, punitive damages are not intended to compensate the victim, but punish the negligent party. Punitive damages are not available in all cases.
Our Florida SUV Accident Lawyers are Here to Help
If you have been in an SUV accident and now need assistance with filing your claim, our Boca Raton SUV accident lawyers are here to help. At Ged Lawyers, Attorneys at Law, we have the necessary experience to prove an SUV driver was negligent and hold them accountable for paying the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (844) 443-3529 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with one of our attorneys.