If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, whether you were the driver, passenger, or a third party, you may be able to file a claim for compensation.
At GED Lawyers, our Panama City rideshare accident lawyers are familiar with Florida statutes and laws for ridesharing technology. Through a free case evaluation, we can help you understand your legal right to compensation and how to set your claim in motion.
Dedicated Florida Rideshare Attorneys
Across the state of Florida, GED Lawyers has a reputation for successful legal representation in a variety of injury and natural disaster cases. We understand that rideshare accidents can be traumatizing, and we are here to help lighten the load. Let us handle the legal aspects of your claim, so you can take time to recover from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Panama City, call (844) 443-3529
Our Lawyers Can Help You Seek the Settlement You Deserve
The attorneys at GED Lawyers are well-versed in rideshare laws and insurance requirements. We have successfully pursued millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients since we were established in 1995. We are aggressive and dedicated to pursuing justice and fair compensation on your behalf. If we do not reach a fair settlement during negotiations, we will readily pursue your case before a judge and jury.
Panama City Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
Determining Fault in a Florida Rideshare Accident
While the driver of the rideshare vehicle is often considered the primary defendant in rideshare accidents, determining fault in a Florida rideshare accident can be more complex. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, other responsible parties may include:
- Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company, if they were negligent in a way that led to the accident
- A passenger who was disorderly or distracting
- A vehicle manufacturer or distributor, if the accident was caused by a vehicle defect
- A third party, if someone in another vehicle caused the accident
- An owner of a third-party vehicle if it is a commercial vehicle
Florida Personal Injury Protection and Rideshare Insurance
Per Florida Statutes § 627.7407, Florida is considered a no-fault state, which means that all drivers are required to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance to cover injuries to themselves and their passengers in the event of an accident.
Rideshare companies, however, are considered transportation network companies (TNCs) under Florida Statutes § 627.748. This means that different insurance coverage laws apply when accidents occur during rideshare service. Different insurance levels and coverages apply depending on the location of the driver and passenger, and whether the driver is logged into the TNC network.
For example, if the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger, and they are in an accident while logged into their Uber app, different coverage will apply than if a passenger was already present in the vehicle.
A Florida rideshare attorney can help you navigate the complicated laws pertaining to rideshare insurance and determination of fault in a Panama City rideshare accident.
An Attorney Can Help You Navigate Florida Rideshare Laws
Our lawyers will gather evidence to prove fault and establish your claim’s monetary value. Evidence we may use to support your claim includes:
- Records and correspondence between the driver and their rideshare company
- Dashcam, traffic cam, and CCTV videos of the accident
- Photos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Accident reconstruction
- Medical records
Using this information, we will be able to prove who was at fault, so you can pursue an insurance claim or injury lawsuit against the responsible parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Steps to Take When You Are Injured in a Rideshare Accident
If you or a loved one have been injured in a rideshare accident, follow these steps to ensure your safety and support your claim:
- Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain witness contact information.
- File a police report.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel fine after the accident.
- Follow your doctor’s orders to the letter and complete all rehabilitation and therapy as instructed.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Your attorney will help you gather evidence and handle any questions, statements, phone calls, and settlement agreements. You can further protect your claim by avoiding the following:
- Avoid making statements that seem like an admission of fault.
- Do not speculate about the cause of the accident either in conversation or while making a report.
- Do not say you feel fine, as this can be used to prevent you from obtaining compensation later.
- Do not agree to a settlement, statement, or other agreement verbally or in writing until you have consulted with your attorney.
- Do not post about the accident on social media or discuss details, even with friends.
No matter who is at fault in a Florida rideshare accident, the at-fault party, company, and insurance carrier will work to reduce their liability. They could downplay the seriousness of your injuries or even try to shift the blame onto you.
A Panama City rideshare attorney from GED Lawyers can deflect unscrupulous tactics and guide you through the legal process, so you have the best chance for a desirable settlement value.
Damages You Can Seek in Your Panama City Rideshare Accident Claim
If you or a loved one have been injured in a rideshare accident due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions, you should not have to suffer the financial consequences alone. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for the losses you sustained. Damages we may incorporate into your rideshare claim include:
- Lost income
- Reduced future income
- Medical expenses
- Therapy, rehabilitation, and assistive equipment
- Medication and other treatments related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Reduced mobility
- Compromised quality of life
Contact the Panama City Rideshare Accident Lawyers at GED Lawyers Today
At GED Lawyers, we pride ourselves on providing clients with caring, professional representation, no matter how complicated the case. Reach out to our office today to discuss your rideshare accident claim and find out how we can help you seek the compensation you deserve for your losses.