Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers
Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims in and around Boca Raton
Boca Raton is a great city for getting out and exploring, and there’s no better way to take in the beautiful views than heading out in your car. Boca Raton also has its fair share of traffic, and car accidents happen on a regular basis. Car accidents are dangerous events that often lead to significant financial, physical, and emotional losses. If another driver leaves you or someone you love injured, consult with an experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyer today. Ged Lawyers, LLP is ready to help.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the medical expenses alone can be immense and often include:
- Emergency care and transportation
- Surgical care and aftercare
- Doctor, therapist, and specialist care and aftercare
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
- Adaptive physical devices
- Home health care
To complicate matters following a crash, the extent of your injuries may not be clear at the outset, and you could incur medical expenses stemming from the accident well into the future. Your skilled car accident lawyer will work closely with you to help ensure that your claim covers the full range of your past and future medical costs.
In addition to your medical costs, an injury sustained in a car accident is likely to keep you off the job, and if your injury is serious, you could face considerable financial losses, including:
- Lost hours and wages
- A diminished earning capacity into the future
- An altered career trajectory
If a car accident significantly alters your ability to pursue the career you’ve planned for and worked toward, it can be especially difficult. Calculating lost earnings for the rest of your life due to a permanent injury is a complex task, and you need to right legal assistance.
Pain and Suffering
A car accident can leave you with significant financial losses, but there is also the pain and suffering you experience to take into consideration. While pain and suffering are naturally subjective experiences, their effects are real and take a toll on your life. If you were seriously injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the pain and suffering you’ve endured should not be discounted.
Pain and suffering are divided into two categories that include physical pain and suffering and mental pain and suffering. Physical pain and suffering refers to the physical pain you are subjected to throughout recovery and beyond. Mental pain and suffering, on the other hand, refers to the emotional and psychological effects that the accident and your injuries have on you. For example, many accident victims experience lingering fear (some are afraid to get back behind the wheel), increased anxiety, bouts of depression, anger, flashbacks, and more. Some people injured in violent car accidents experience PTSD-like symptoms that can haunt them into the future. Injuries that result in severe pain or permanent disabilities or disfigurement can also affect your mental health.
Injuries Common to Car Accidents
Every car accident case is unique with its own circumstances involved, but there are certain kinds of injuries that are common among car accident victims, including:
- Broken and Fractured Bones – Broken bones are very common to car accidents. A broken bone requires immediate medical attention and might even require surgery. A broken bone that heals improperly can lead to chronic pain and even to a permanent physical disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is caused by trauma to the head or when the head is violently jerked back and forth in the impact of a car accident. Because they affect the brain, TBIS are extremely serious injuries that are also unpredictable. Many brain injury victims experience cognitive or physical impairments that can last for months or even become permanent. The physical, financial, and emotional damages associated with a serious TBI are difficult to overstate and should never be underestimated.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A spinal cord injury refers to traumatic damage to any part of the spinal cord. These injuries need emergency treatment, and they can seriously diminish one’s range of motion. If the injury is severe, it can leave the victim permanently paralyzed below the injury site.
- Cuts, Lacerations, and Abrasions – Many car accidents leave victims with serious cuts, lacerations, and abrasions. These injuries are often slow to heal and are vulnerable to infection. A serious cut or laceration can lead to permanent scarring that can be disfiguring, especially when it is on or near the face.
Protecting Your Rights after a Car Accident
If another motorist leaves you injured in a car accident, you might have a long path toward recovery ahead of you, and you’ll need all the compensation to which you are entitled in order to reach your fullest recovery. While being in a car accident can leave you feeling at a loss regarding how to move forward, there are several things that you can do that are both in the best interest of your health and in the best interest of your car accident case. These include:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention – Even if you don’t think you were badly injured, it is always in your best interest to get checked out by a medical professional after being involved in a car accident. The fact is that injuries can be asymptomatic until they become more serious and more difficult to treat. Remember that early diagnosis is closely associated with improved prognosis.
- Gather Evidence at the Scene of the Accident – If you are able to do so, gather photographic evidence at the accident scene. If you can’t do it yourself, enlist a bystander to help you out. Also, obtain eyewitness testimony and contact information. When you have a chance, jot down your recollection of exactly how the accident happened. The stress and shock associated with a car accident can make your memories hazy, and this written account will help you keep the details of the accident straight.
- Consult with an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer – After a crash, you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. Car accident claims are complicated, and the insurance company is almost certainly more interested in its own profits than it is in fully compensating for your losses. While you attend to the serious task of recovering from your injuries, your dedicated car accident attorney will skillfully advocate for your rights and for your rightful compensation.
If You’ve Been Injured by another Driver’s Negligence, Consult with a Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Today
If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured, do not wait to speak with the dedicated car accident lawyers at Ged Lawyers, LLP. We proudly serve the Boca Raton area and are committed to fighting for your claim’s best possible resolution. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 561-562-4170 to learn more today.